Have you ever tried the bucket shower?
Here is a list of good reasons to try it!
- Strengthens the immune system: just like the sauna, it prevents colds, seasonal illnesses and infections by increasing lymphocytes and monocytes.
- Boosts the metabolism: in an attempt to warm itself up, the body increases its activity by burning glucose, which in turn promotes weight loss.
- Improves blood circulation: especially if done after a sauna, as vasodilation and vasoconstriction alternate in the body.
- Helps with thermoregulation: therefore useful for those whose hands and feet are always freezing or, on the contrary, too sweaty.
- It keeps the skin purer and brighter: the low temperature helps to close the pores and thus prevent the formation of blackheads and skin blemishes. The best effect is achieved after a sauna session, as the heat bath thoroughly purifies the skin, removing impurities, while the cold shower then "seals" the skin clean.
- Improves well-being and reduces stress: cold water stimulates the production of noradrenaline, which helps to combat depression. It also invigorates us, shakes off the numbness, is such a strong sensation that it regenerates us and banishes stress.